4.07.2008

a lesson in Swedish(ness)

Photobucket





I will be completely honest with you
and tell you some of the truth
about what I am and have been going through
most of the years of my youth



My days are always very long
and pass in dazing slow motion
there is this feeling that I don't belong
and an urge to kill that emotion



And at night, when hidden of course
during the time when no one sees
I break my skin with insistent force
attempting to put my mind at ease



When I finally bleed from severed wrists
and the tension slowly subsides
when life as I know it again persists
the fatal thought reluctantly complies



I carefully put down the blade
that scared most of my fears away
not worried by the wounds it made
but by the thought of living another day



And yes, sometimes I do wish for
a solution that isn't temporary
I wonder if I ever will demand more
than a break from the ordinary



but right now the weeks go by
and they slowly add up to years

all I do is hold on to that good bye
until I can drown myself in my tears