4.19.2008

reflections are superfluous


Stop dead in your tracks
don't take me for granted,
I know that I have figured you out
not too frigid in myself to sence that
the coldness you convey is all a facade
a montage of the years you
breathed without living
- lived without breathing -
simply moved between moments
until your presence was enough
yes, I cracked that frontage
- why did it take me so long? -
there are no longer dreams or ambitions
you are empty, so lifeless,
filled with nothing of your own
not merely blank but
solid in yourself
without tears behind your sorrow
crying laughter as you leave
where did you lose you?
I will never know
and when you walk by my side
closing in on my presence
perplexed by stepping in front of yourself
your hollowness chokes my
emotions to death
we might never notice or fear it or care
but tomorrow we will both be
shadowless