6.01.2008

and I lighten your load (because the sun is only helpful when the day is around)

It was so long ago you cried my love and we both know that you refuse to belong
you meet all the people with dry eyes and you face all your feelings so strong
and when I tell you that you need me I pretend that what I am doing isn't wrong
you wouldn't still be here if I mattered, you woldn't have stayed for so long

no listen I can't hold you when all you do is kick away
I can't keep my features calm and I can't control it when I sway
You know that you will hurt me and I maintain that it's okay
I'm not perfect, why should you be? Don't release me, let me stay

I know that you remember when you couldn't breathe or feel
I know that you're locked up there, somewhere lonely and surreal
Don't think that you are lost there, you created its appeal
No, make sure that you control it, that you let me know what's real

if you can no longer fight it and if you can no longer keep me here
if you are scared of losing track and if you persist to disappear
don't think that I will let you leave, you have to let go of the fear
I might never be whole and neither might you, but I don't care when you're near