6.05.2008

sometimes I'm not meant to be silent


for a moment there
or two
I thought you might have seen me
you stopped breathing for a second
and I took it as a sign
but God dammit
no
you didn't even listen
and I will go back to being
one with the carpet
where I might even, someday belong
kick me if you wish
I am here to be played around with
hit me if you please
just make sure it always shows
and come on fight me
I can't stand this self-imposed isolation
I suffocate on oxygen
stuck in my chest
for a minute there
or two
I handed you my feelings
complete with a napkin on
a paper plate
but did you read me?
no
they scattered as you threw me
filled and bursting with excuses
and never ending fears
Come on, can't you blink now?
as I fall apart in fractions
please give me time to mutilate
as I beg for your
embrace